Friday, January 2, 2009

How I spent the Sugar Bowl

vs.



While watching the University of Utah spank the Alabama Crimson Tide, I made a sad and shocking discovery about having satellite television where the snow falls (not really shocking, it's just a first for us since signing up for DirecTV). Just as Brian Johnson's pass was intercepted in the 3rd Quarter, our satellite decided to become a gathering spot for snow. Those of you that have satellite will understand the dilemma I am now faced with. I must don my shoes (flip flops due to the hurried nature of this mission) and step out into the inch of snow on my back porch with my handy broom to reach to the roof and sweep the snow off of our satellite dish - while not missing a single second of this important game. You may think this is an easy task, but try looking at the satellite dish while snowflakes fall in your eyes and make sure you move your head quickly enough that the snow you are trying to rid from your life doesn't fall directly in your face - I'm here to tell you that it wasn't pretty or pleasant for anyone involved. All the while I am cursing DirecTV for taking KJZZ away from me yesterday - completely unrelated to the task at hand, but I was cursing DirecTV for the dish gathering snow, so I threw in my other complaints about the company as well. Luckily, this only had to happen 3 times during the game and the other two times were during commercial breaks.
Congratulations to the University of Utah on an UNDEFEATED season - the ONLY school in the nation that can make that claim. It was a great game to watch and hopefully it will gain some recognition for the state of Utah as well as the Mountain West Conference. Woot Woot!

1 comment:

audreyspencer said...

I could just see your face and the choice words coming out of your mouth! It always happens at the worst times. Glad that it wasn't as bad as it could have been!