Monday, June 30, 2008

Been standing long?

So tonight, I went out to dinner with some of my best friends from college. After we ate, we went over to Robert's house to hang out. We had been there for a few hours talking about the old times and had migrated outside because we were all getting ready to leave. We're all just hanging out on the front porch/sidewalk/grass and my dumbass falls down. I was honestly just standing there, not consciously moving around, and down she goes! I'm not quite sure HOW it happened, but I know it wasn't pretty! (un)Fortuately, I was standing on the sidewalk and I caught myself with the knuckles on my left hand and now they are all cut up (all 4 of them - see photo evidence below). If I had just fallen to the LEFT, I would have landed on the nice, soft grass, but NO, I have to fall to the right! Luckily, everyone played it cool and didn't make fun of me. I was rather embarassed but I'm sure they've seen worse things (like when I fell at Dixie College graduation in a skirt and did a somersault on the grass - that was a star moment for me!)I am happy to report that no nails were broken in this incident!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I seriously can't breathe. That is hil-ar-ious!

Jayci said...

You always had the longest damn nails! I remember talking about them in Spanish class!