Thursday, October 4, 2007

My "text" stalker has gone hi-tech

So, I had this "friend" in college (he used to tag along with my best friend ALL the time and therefore associated himself as my "friend"). He is a white guy trying to be black. Quite a trip if you ask me. Anyway, we didn't talk after college, mostly because I didn't want people to know that I knew him. Suddenly, 3 years later and no cell phone number change on my part, he contacts me and wants to be best friends. Apparently, he is involved in a pyramid scheme - excuse me, I mean a "great business opportunity" - that he wants to share with me 24/7. The first few times he was texting me was just catching up and that's all fine and good. Then, he starts telling me that he comes to Salt Lake all the time and would love to talk to me about this "great business opportunity".

So, he comes to Salt Lake City a couple months ago (after many text messages with the OVERUSE of the smiley face emoticon....wow) and wants to meet for dinner. I make some lame excuse about my cousin getting married at the temple that day (it was a Thursday) and tell him that I'm really sorry, but I won't be able to see him **tear**

Mistakingly, I have let him infiltrate the sanctity of my myspace friends space (he has since been removed as he has abused his power as my myspace friend). Today, after months of no texts with the smiley face crazy face, I receive a text stating that he is on my myspace page and he sees that I am coming to his town (Vegas). Did I want to hang out? HELL NO!!! I am going to Vegas to be with my boyfriend, not some wierdo from college that I couldn't stand when we were "friends". I guess the only hope I have is to change my phone number to get rid of him. That's not going to happen anytime soon, so I guess I will just have to fend off the advances of the text stalker gone hi-tech.

No comments: